After a weekend in Cinque Terre, a group of five small towns on the coast of Italy, I am officially exhausted. We left on the midnight train on Friday, slept on the beach (more like a big rock) along the water until about 7 am then started our day. You hike along trails to get to each town, so you get some amazing views. (I took about 300 pictures total this weekend.) It was absolutely gorgeous! I really can't put it into words, much like everything else I have seen. The water was perfectly clear, and it was a nice break from the sweaters and scarves every day in Rome, and not to mention a break from the sirens and other noise from the city. On our way back to Rome on Sunday, we stopped in Pisa and took the typical picture "holding up" the leaning tower. It was acutally a lot cooler than I thought it was going to be! This weekend was definitely a learning experience with the traveling, but each train ride it gets easier. The most important thing you have to learn here is to go with the flow. You really can't travel with ease unless you learn this. Speaking of traveling, I'm off to southern Italy from Tuesday at 6 am to Saturday night. We will be staying in Naples and visiting Pompeii, Paestum, a couple archeological museums, and Capri the last day. Hopefully the weather holds out and we are able to enjoy the beach! Hopefully I will be able to catch some free time next week but who knows with the craziness here. I have two midterms next week and then I'm going to Dublin that weekend!! So, like the title of the post implies, who needs sleep when you live in Rome?
Love you all,
Anne
P.S. GO COLTS!! And Happy Halloween to my favorite little cousins!!! I will miss trick or treating with you guys! I better see some pictures of your costumes! Love you :)
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the update, Anne. Five years down the road whether you're interning for nursing, medical school or research, you will have good blogs to enjoy your trip again. Looking forward to the next one. God Bless. Love,Himself/Herself.
Anne-
You have described a great trip and we cannot wait for the pictures! Take it all in but leave some quiet time to reflect and really think about keeping a journalso when you get my age you will remember. I am not sure I remember what I had for breakfast!
Love, Dad
Post a Comment