Anyways, this weekend we went to the Roman Forum and Colosseum.
Both of them were equally incredible. It was so hard to wrap my mind around where I was as I stood a room of the house where the Roman emperor Augustus lived, or as we could see the indentations from chariots in the stone. On Sunday, we attended Mass in St. Peter's Basilica and then saw Pope Benedict at the Angelus! It was probably the most surreal and best weekends of my entire life. I plan on going to the Vatican as often as possible. Sorry this is a short post but I have to be off to class.

1 comment:
Anne-
Thanks for the birthday wishes from Rome! We are not even close to 60! Good thing you are so far away or I would visit you in person! Thanks for the pictures from the Vatican! Glad grandma's necklace made it there for a visit! Keep Mom and I in your prayers as we get older! I plan on running faster than you on your return so we will talk about age then!
Has cayenne become popular with the Italians? Let me know so I can open a store! Thanks for the birthday wishes--maybe I will take Mom to Jonathon Byrds for a cafeteria dinner with people our own age! Love always, Dad
Post a Comment