Thursday, September 25, 2008

Quick hello from Assisi

Ciao from Assisi! I am sitting in a small Internet cafe with about twenty other Saint Mary's students. We were all very excited to walk by it this morning on our long trek up to La Rocca, Assisi's mountain top fortress. Unless I eat gelato about three times a day, I do not think I will be gaining weight. The portions are significantly less, yet filling. Also, Assisi is on a hill, so we are constantly walking uphill. The hills and stairs are never-ending. I have already fallen in love with Italy. It hit me last night watching the sunset that I was beginning the best experience of my life. The Italian culture is warm and unique. But more on that later when I have significant time to describe it in its entirety! Well, I'm off to chat with my friends and then head to dinner! Check for another update early next week! 


2 comments:

Aunt Millie said...

Anne,
I enjoyed your "Quick hello from Assisi" Glad to know you arrived safely and enjoying Assisi. Yes, there are many thing to see and do while you are there. I am anxious to hear your thoughts on Rome and the Vatican when you arrive there.
My prayers are with you.
Sister James Michael, S.P.

Fran said...

Hello Anne,miss you but enjoy your Blog.I had an idea today and since you are so near the birthplace of St.Francis I wonder if you could contact his spirit, which surely is in the area and remind him of some past history. Eighty six years ago my mother Anne Maguire placed my life in the good saints hands and he has taken good care of me through war and peace. Anne, St Francis has done well fo me and I'v probably used up all of my tokens but please remind him that my knees and ears need some serious divine intervention.Since you have the same name as my Mom don't try to fool the good saint, He'd probably catch wise.
Love,
Mac